“The tigers, wolves, deer & the antelopes are the educators of nature,
I am only a life from the land of urban mammals”
Hi! I am Vinit Arora, a wildlife photographer, conservationist & adventurist.
Just like all growing kids, I too would observe birds, be fascinated with their flight & behavior and would mimic their sounds. Today, it’s fun to capture that fascination in images.
Given an opportunity I gallop to the jungles. My holidays and weekends are spent ‘with the wild in the wild’. Perhaps, a lot of it could be contributed to residing in Nagpur, the presumed tiger capital of India and a region with rich flora and fauna in its surroundings.
When the adventure streak has gotten the better of me, it took me to ‘A 26 days solitary sojourn on Pulsar 150 to Leh-Laddak’, ‘9 hours boat journey in Dibru Saikhowa to connect with the feral horses’ & ‘to witness the migratory flutter of flamingos in Little Rann of Kutch’.
Though, I have been doing wildlife photography since 2010, I still believe I am a learner and the best is yet to be. My belief is nature provides one with ample special moments & opportunities. Therefore, given a choice to save wildlife or capture an iconic frame, I would choose the former.
I am actively associated with an Environment Conservation NGO ‘Shrusti Pariyavaran Mandal’ and have been in productive conservation activities, as its core member, of rescuing innumerable birds , wild cats & other wildlife, constructed checkdams, waterholes,etc.
I am fortunate to have received inspiration and guidance from stalwarts ,like Shri Baiju Patil, in wildlife photography.
Initial Green Footprints
- Cover photo of ‘Bibliography on Tiger’ by Dr.Aniruddh Majumder for
Global Tiger Forum (2014) released at the hands of forest minister of Bangladesh.
- Photo Featured in DSP Black Rock Calendar 2015.
- A double-page spread in Greater Tadoba Inheritance, Coffee Table Book(2014-15).
- Featuring images in Coffee Table Book by Kanha National Park 2018.
- Featuring of images in various magazines, forums and newspapers Nationwide.
- A detailed documentation of ‘Wolf Rescue’ titled The Bottled Wolf in Sanctuary Asia Magazine.
- A display of work by Maharashtra Forest Dept. head quarters at Nagpur Van
- Major contributor of Coffee Table Book by Maharashtra Biodiversity Board & Maharashtra Eco Tourism Board released by the hands of honorable Forest Minister of Maharashtra shri. Sudhir Mungantiwar highlighting wildlife and wild destinations of Vidarbha.
- Display of work by Maharashtra Forest Dept. at various places in Interpretation
Centres of Central Chanda Division, Chandrapur.
- Participated in Leopard Rescue operation at Khapa Range, Nagpur.
- Worked with BBC Natural History Unit on the series ‘Wonders Of Monsoon’, documenting wolves in the Human dominated Landscapes in and around Nagpur.
- Best Photographer of the year in Shrusti Nature Award( Mammal
- Special Mention in Saveus 2013 Wildlife Photography Awards.
- 2nd Prize in Raju Harkare’s National Level Wildlife Photography
- 3rd Prize in Shiksha Mandal’s National Wildlife Photography Competition,
The best is yet to be…..